Have you heard of moxibustion therapy or moxa therapy?
Moxibustion is a form of therapy that entails the burning of mugwort leaves, usually in a stick form, near the skin so that you feel a gentle heat. Mugwort is a small, spongy herb that is believed to enhance healing. Moxa therapy strengthens the blood, stimulates the flow of qi or energy, and helps you maintain good health. According to Chinese medicine, an increase in the circulation of energyi can help your body deal with a broad range of issues, including chronic pain, fertility challenges, and digestive issues.
How will it help you?
- By stimulating circulation and improving the flow of qi
- By expelling cold and dampness from the body (“warming the meridians”) to relieve back pain, arthritis pain, and menstrual cramps
- By improving female health issues such as menstrual irregularity, infertility, and breech pregnancy
- By relieving male health problems such as impotence and poor sperm quality
- By increasing resistance to cold and flu; this is especially helpful for patients who tend to frequently suffer from contagious viruses that circulate in winter
- By stimulating the immune system to fight more serious illnesses and to keep the body healthy
- By regulating the digestive system to relieve constipation and chronic diarrhea
- By reducing numbness in the fingers and toes
- By relieving side effects of conventional cancer treatment
- By strengthening qi to eliminate general fatigue, leading to increased energy throughout the day.
"Your moxa treatment did work, the baby flipped and I was able to deliver naturally. :) Thank you for everything!"
-Dr. Martha's Confidential Patient
Dr. Martha Lucas, L.Ac.
is a Psychologist and Practitioner of Chinese Medicine. She is a premier integrative wellness practitioner who uses a holistic and inclusive approach to solve your healthcare issues and keeping you healthy both in person and VIRTUALLY! She uses accurate assessment and integrated methods to heal your sports injuries, general pain, internal medicine concerns, fertility issues, pain and morning sickness during pregnancy, and age positive treatments.
She offers expertly designed age positive cosmetic treatments - cosmetic acupuncture is a chosen Botox and filler alternative. Her treatments stimulate the production of natural collagen and activate weakened facial muscles to promote a more youthful appearance.
Dr. Lucas’s cosmetic acupuncture system is a safe and holistic treatment that addresses cosmetic skin concerns as well as internal aging issues that can lead to premature aging. Her approach is client-focused and tailored to YOUR specific skin concerns and issues, with an overall focus on restoring the skin with a renewed, more youthful appearance. Dr. Lucas says “I can’t prevent aging per se, but I can help you and your skin stay vibrant and energetic.”
She also has a natural skin care line called My Zen Skin Care that uses Chinese herbs, essential oils, and all-natural active cosmeceuticals to give you the best skin ever!
“Seriously …. I feel like I’ve had a weeklong vacation after one of Dr. Martha’s treatments.” J.K.
Dr. Lucas who has been called "the best Chinese medicine practitioner/Acupuncturist in Denver" and "the best Cosmetic Acupuncturist out there!" also offers
Facial Gua Sha Moisture Bomb Therapy
microneedling for hair loss,
microneedling for your face,
microneedling for your neck,
microneedling for your eyebrows,
microneedling for your hands
spider vein therapy
AND VIRTUAL THERAPY SO CHINESE MEDICINE IS ALWAYS NEAR YOU!