Have you heard of moxibustion therapy or moxa therapy?
Moxibustion is a form of therapy that entails the burning of mugwort leaves, usually in a stick form, near the skin so that you feel a gentle heat. Mugwort is a small, spongy herb that is believed to enhance healing. Moxa therapy strengthens the blood, stimulates the flow of qi or energy, and helps you maintain good health. According to Chinese medicine, an increase in the circulation of energyi can help your body deal with a broad range of issues, including chronic pain, fertility challenges, and digestive issues.
How will it help you?
- By stimulating circulation and improving the flow of qi
- By expelling cold and dampness from the body (“warming the meridians”) to relieve back pain, arthritis pain, and menstrual cramps
- By improving female health issues such as menstrual irregularity, infertility, and breech pregnancy
- By relieving male health problems such as impotence and poor sperm quality
- By increasing resistance to cold and flu; this is especially helpful for patients who tend to frequently suffer from contagious viruses that circulate in winter
- By stimulating the immune system to fight more serious illnesses and to keep the body healthy
- By regulating the digestive system to relieve constipation and chronic diarrhea
- By reducing numbness in the fingers and toes
- By relieving side effects of conventional cancer treatment
- By strengthening qi to eliminate general fatigue, leading to increased energy throughout the day.