Self-care during the holidays is essential to ensure that you can truly enjoy the festive season and maintain your physical and mental well-being. The holiday season can be a hectic and often stressful time with various obligations, such as shopping, cooking, and social gatherings. Here are some key ways to prioritize self-care during this busy period.
- First and foremost, it’s crucial to manage your time and set boundaries. This means creating a realistic schedule and not overcommitting to social events and activities. Learning to say no when necessary can alleviate some pressure and allow you to focus on what truly matters. In this YouTube video, I talk about using your imagination to reduce stress.
2. Gratitude helps you fall in love with the life you already have. Taking even a minute to think about a thing or two for which you are grateful, can change your perspective and mood.
3. Incorporate mindfulness or some relaxation technique into your day. The holiday season can come with heightened stress so taking a few moments for even a few deep breaths, can help you stay centered and calm. Here is a minute of relaxation for you!
4. It’s also important to get enough sleep. Rest is crucial for your physical and mental health, and it will give you the energy to tackle holiday tasks. My SLEEP essential oil blend can help you there.
5. Maintaining a healthy diet and staying active can be challenging during the holidays, but it’s essential to look after your body. Try to balance indulgent treats with nutritious meals and find ways to stay active, even if it’s just going for a brisk walk with a loved one. Here is a printable guide to Chinese medicine food therapy. Call me if you would like a little more information about it; 303-947-6224.
6. Connecting with loved ones is a significant aspect of self-care. Spend quality time with family and friends, but also carve out some time for yourself. This could be reading a book, taking a relaxing bath, or engaging in a hobby you enjoy. Put my CALM essential oil blend in your bath for an extra treat or soak your feet in a warm bowl of water using it.
7. Finally, don’t forget to seek support if needed. The holiday season can be difficult for those dealing with stress, anxiety, or loneliness. I treat emotional stress so please reach out to me if you’re struggling and remember that it’s okay to ask for help.
REMEMBER, by prioritizing self-care during the holidays, you can reduce stress, enhance your overall well-being, and truly savor the joy of the season. Remember that taking care of yourself is not selfish; it’s an essential component of a happy and healthy holiday season.